VW 8v 289° solid camshaft
- 289 solid lifter Camshaft for VW 827- 8V
- VW 8 valves watercooled performance CAMSHAFT
- FOR NATURAL ASPIRATED ENGINES
VW 827 4 cyl. 2 valve (1.5 – 2.0L Golf, Scirocco, Jetta, Passat, Vento, Polo Classic, Gol, Santana, Saveiro, Parati, Audi 80/90, A4, A3, Seat Toledo, Cordoba, Ibiza, Skoda Octavia...)
ABA, ACC, AP, EA827, 8V watercooled.
- SOLID TAPPET
- 289°, 13.25mm lift, 221° duration @ .050", 106 Lobe centers.
- Full Chilled cast iron, 59/60 HRC hardness.
- Base Circle: 36mm
- RECOMMENDED ASSEMBLY VALUES:
- Spring K value: 195 ~ 220 Lb/in (35 to 40 N/mm).
- Spring load: 60~70 pounds.
- Maximum Spring load at 100% valve lift: 180 ~ 210 pounds.
- The number one factor in premature failure of a new camshaft is an improper or worn-out valve spring.
- Incorrect spring pressure or incorrect spring application will resultina worn-out camshaft.
- This Camshaft has a 14.45mm valve lift, which is significantly higher than stock lift. Due to the high lift, the stock valve springs will “coil bind” or “stack” before the cam reaches its full lift. This condition will cause the cam to fail immediatelyunless the proper valve spring is used.
- To ensure proper function, the valve spring coil clearance must be checked during assembly: With the valve at full lift, check the clearance between the coils. A minimum of 1.25mm between the coils must be maintained.
- When assembling the head, check the retainer to valve seal clearance. If the clearance is to low, the valve train will bind and result in camshaft failure. The clearance should be 1.50mm minimum.
- Excessive spring pressures will also lead to early cam failure. The only way to ensure the correct pressure is to actually check the installed height and have the springs tested.
- To Assembly This Camshaft,modification (machining) to the cylinder head is required.
Other fine products
- Adapters for fuel injectors
- Adapters, lubrification & more
- Air filters
- Connecting Rods
- Cylinder head
- Electric components
- Electric fuel pump
- Engine mounts
- Engine Pulleys
- Forged pistons
- Fuel Pressure Regulators / Fuel management units
- Ignition coil
- Intake manifolds
- Intake tubes / Acessories
- Oil Coolers
- Other Shop Equipment
- Perfomance Camshafts
- Performance head gaskets /Head stud sets
- Spark plug wire sets
- Turbine housings
- Turbo manifolds
- Wastegate valves